A professional quality camera designed for consumer photographers, the Nikon D610 features a 24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor, a native ISO range of 100–6400 that can be expanded to 50–25600, and an EXPEED 3 processing system to make performance fast and accurate. With 6 fps of full-resolution continuous shooting in either DX or FX format, you can be sure that this camera will perform during many scenarios—from event photography to portraits.
An advanced autofocus system features 39 focus points and nine cross-type sensors, but you can choose between 9, 21, or 39 focus points according to your compositional goals, even at f/8 aperture. In addition, Nikon’s 3D Color Matrix Metering II adjusts brightness, contrast, and color.
Film 1080p HD in 30 fps, 25 fps, or 24 fps. Or if you prefer, shoot in 720p HD at 60 fps, 50 fps, or 30 fps. Although the files are compressed to h.264 in-camera, you have the option to shoot uncompressed footage via an external recorder, connectable through an HDMI cable. And with a 3.5mm input and output, you’ll be able to monitor audio quality and attach an external mic if needed. You can also shoot incredible time-lapses thanks to the built-in intervalometer.
With two SD cards, you’ll spend more time taking photos and less time looking for memory. And with a rechargeable battery that lasts for 900 shots per charge, you’ll be able to shoot for hours. If you’re looking for a way to transfer files to your smart device, simply use WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter.
Although this camera has a durable magnesium alloy body with a built-in pop-up flash, it’s not weather sealed. If you’ll be shooting in variable weather conditions, you may want to consider a water and dustproof camera instead.
- Camera Type: DSLR
- Sensor: 24.3MP FX-format CMOS
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2; 16:9
- Exposure Modes: Aperture-Priority (A); Manual (M); Programmed auto with flexible program (P); Shutter-Priority (S)
- ISO Range: 100–6400 | Expandable to 50–25600
- Display Size: 3.2 inches (diagonal)
- Image Stabilization:
- File Format: Stills—JPEG and RAW | Video—MOV
- JPEG: Baseline compliant; select from size priority and optimal quality, or with 1:4, 1:8, or 1:16 compression | RAW: select from lossless, 12, or 14-bit compression
- Weight: 1.68 pounds
- Weather Resistant: No
- Built-in Flash: Yes
- Battery: EN-EL15 lithium-ion battery
- Connectivity: Eye-Fi compatible | HDMI C (Mini) | Micro-USB | Nikon 10-Pin | Hi-speed USB | 3.5mm headphone | 3.5mm microphone